Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Evan's Eric Carle-Themed Room

I am done with Evan's room, although I imagine I'll be adding little things here and there. Here is a composite sketch of how it comes together.


Here are some pictures of the individual walls:

I made the cribsheets, Brown Bear and Hungary Caterpillar pillow covers, and name letters. I also mounted the Caterpillar print onto canvas. Instructions for all these projects can be found on my blog. Links are included further in this post.


I mounted the penguin and panda bear prints onto canvas and purchased the Eric Carle ABC artwork from Target.


Again, the prints were mounted onto canvas in the aforementioned tutorial. I purchased the Eric Carle letter banner for $11 and change from Amazon, here.


I made the curtains. You can find the tutorial in my blog or follow the link provided further in this post. 


Here are close-ups of each project with links to the tutorials.



Brown Bear and Hungry Caterpillar pillowcases (with the butterfly on the back of the caterpillar pillow).


I had a couple other ideas that I did not implement to save time and money: 

1. Make a bedskirt out of a coordinating Hungry Caterpillar fabric, such as this one:

The Very Hungry Caterpillar White/Green
Hungry Caterpillar fabric licensed by Eric Carle for Andover fabrics. Available at www.fabric.com Item#: DW-469

Or, this one:
The Very Hungry Caterpillar Abstract Dots
Hungry Caterpillar Abstract Dots fabric licensed by Eric Carle for Andover fabrics. Available at www.fabric.com Item#: BI-250

I'm sure I could find a tutorial on Pinterest for a bedskirt. 

2. Make a paper lantern caterpillar, as demonstrated on the Pottery Barn Kids website:

Image copyright of the Pottery Barn

The paper lanterns are available at Party City for $7 (3 pack). That seems a bit pricey to me. I might do this project later, but instead of paper lanterns, use DIY yarn balls, like this blogger makes:

That's it! Evan's room is done (for now)! Next up - Emilie's peacock-themed room and related projects. Hurray! Here's a sneak peak to hold you over:


No comments:

Post a Comment