Thursday, November 15, 2012

Baby/Toddler Bib... The Bapron

I saw this awesome bib on Pinterest awhile ago and knew that it would be one of my first sewing projects. It turns out it's my second. Please go here for detailed instructions and pattern:

http://www.craftinessisnotoptional.com/2011/05/bapron-tutorial.html

Here is my finished product!


The material was in a 5-pack of coordinating fabric quarters from JoAnn that I purchased late spring/early summer. Unfortunately, I haven't seen them there since. The flannel on the back is a fabric quarter I also purchase from JoAnn. The bias tape was also from JoAnn. Learning to make my own bias tape is on my to-do list.

Overall the project was fun, quick and pretty easy. The bias tape was much easier than I expected. It's not perfect, but I am very satisfied with it. I see MANY more of these in my future. What a great baby shower gift.

The back:


And on my sweet Emilie (18 months):

Mmmm... Cookies!

It took her a little bit to get used to it, she really doesn't like wearing bibs:


This should be great for when she learns to use the spoon, which I have been REALLY procrastinating on!

Next up, another bib made out of the coordinating owl/butterfly fabric!

Update: It turns out that the pattern is not free anymore! It is now $6 and comes in various sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment